your village, your shield
Hope you’re all keeping well.
We’re just about ready to open up and welcome you back this coming Friday.
We have been working hard to ensure that you all have an enjoyable time while you’re here, but I think it’s obvious that your pub visit is going to look very different to what you’re used to. To ensure that we all remain safe, there are things that we’re all going to need to get used to 😫
1. We have rearranged our furniture to adhere to distancing rules. Furniture MUST NOT be moved. We have 11 tables inside and 10 outside! You are able to ring the pub (or text me if you have my number) to book a table, booking isn’t essential, but highly recommended (especially inside)!
2. Upon arrival, you must familiarise yourself with the one way system, single entrance and exit doors and route to the toilets and follow the system!
3. You need to register your details with test and trace (info of how to register on each table).
4. You must not approach the bar, we are offering a table service.
5. 6 people max per table (from no more than 2 households)!
6. Contactless payments where possible.
7. Face masks and disposable gloves are available should you want to wear them. Hand sanitiser has been placed in various places around the pub, please use it, especially on arrival!
8. Please keep your distance from staff and other patrons.
9. Unfortunately, after careful consideration, we feel that it’s unsafe to use the Jukebox or Fruit Machine (this will be reviewed in a couple of weeks).
10. No under 18’s until further notice.
Wish us luck 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
These gentlemen had their heads shaved for charity
On Dave’s birthday, the Golden Shield hosted a sponsored head-shave. These six young gentlemen raised a significant amount of money to battle against Prostrate Cancer and Dementia. Well done lads.
Dave and Mark
Matt and Rich
Paul and Jamie